Detroit engine and axles owners enjoy comprehensive warranty coverage, including fast, hassle-free process, and expedited parts and service for critical downtime situations.
Engine Service Warranties
- Engine: 2 years, unlimited miles, including 100% parts and labor
- Injectors: 2 years, 200,000 miles including parts and labor
- Major components: 5 years, 500,000 miles
- No charge on parts
- 100% of Service outlet's normal charge
For the front steer axle, warranty coverage includes the I-beam, steering knuckles, spindles, kingpins, kingpin bearings and steering arms. Detroit allows 100% warranty coverage of all knuckle parts, including the kingpin. Plus, we cover progressive damage. Front axles are covered for up to 5 years / 750,000 miles for on-highway applications.
Warranty coverage includes the axle housing, carrier assembly, inter-axle differential, axle shafts, gaskets and seals.
Detroit offers a standard 5 year / 750,000 mile warranty on Class 8 on-highway applications when synthetic lube is installed.
Extended Service Coverage
When your truck is down, it costs more than just money to repair it. Protect your business’ most important asset, along with your bottom line, through flexible extended service coverage (ESC) packages.
Detroit’s engine ESC covers tomorrow’s costs at today’s pricing, extending your factory on-highway coverage
for up to 5 years/500,000 miles, or 7 years/250,000 miles for vocational coverage. So whether you need your engine serviced three
years from now, or a major repair right now – your engine ESC helps protect your investment.
From covering basic engine components to complete coverage, including Aftertreatment, our ESC packages fit your needs and
your budget by providing:
- Service at over 800 Detroit authorized service locations
- Repairs performed by certified technicians
- Unmatched availability of genuine parts
- Coverage throughout the U.S. and Canada
- Availability to purchase without a late fee for up to 12 months, or a nominal $400 late fee between 13-18 months
- Ability to transfer to subsequent owner, enhancing resale value
To learn more about Extended Service Coverage packages, please contact your nearest authorized Detroit service location.
To learn more about how to extend the life of your pre-EGR or EPA 04 engine, visit StepUP Overhaul for more information.