Detroit™ DD15® TC Engine
The Road Warrior
We designed the DD15 TC from the block up with features like a more powerful integrated Jacobs® Engine Brake, an
Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) system and BlueTec® emissions technology. Together with its torque and horsepower,
this powerful package of features makes the DD15 TC the perfect engine for long haul and heavy duty vocational applications.
The bottom line: the DD15 TC delivers amazing power, control and fuel economy.
With peak torque response, you’ll burn less fuel and get more power. That’s because the DD15 TC delivers 90% peak
torque in 1.5 seconds, compared to other engines that take up to 4.4 seconds. How does it do this?
- Innovative Amplified Common Rail System; (ACRS™) optimizes
the injection process while DDEC® electronic engine controls
adjust to driving conditions and respond to your commands instantly
- Simple and reliable turbocharger and low-inertia, dual overhead camshafts that work together to accelerate faster than any Detroit in the past
- Extremely high compression ratio of 18.4:1 produces more cylinder pressure, giving you greater power and faster torque response than ever before
Expect Even Greater Fuel Economy
Like all Detroit engines, the DD15 TC’s BlueTec™ SCR and
exclusive 1-Box™ Configuration work together to produce
extended regeneration intervals and meet emission standards at the tailpipe.
The DD15 TC meets 2013 OBD (OBD13) and 2014 Greenhouse Gas (GHG14) regulations.
Smart Design Keeps Your Business Running
With an easily serviceable design, the Detroit DD15 TC lowers your cost of ownership by decreasing your time in the shop.
- Oil, fuel and coolant filters are positioned above the frame rails
- Detroit engines share common service operations and many parts
- Trained technicians are ready to serve you at any of our 800-plus authorized service outlets.
- Detroit Virtual Technician™ onboard diagnostics system can
let you know how serious a fault code is when you’re on the road. It can notify you of where the nearest
part is located, when you can get into the next available service bay, and can even schedule your repair appointment for you.
- Vehicles with EPA 2010 Detroit engines that were purchased without Virtual Technician can equip
their truck by purchasing a retrofit kit and service contract in the aftermarket. A Virtual Technician
complete retrofit kit is available at your Detroit authorized service outlet. If your engine includes
Virtual Technician onboard diagnostics system and you have not activated it yet, you can register Virtual Technician here.
Support Is Ready
When it’s time to spec your DD15 TC, contact your local Detroit dealer. Our engine experts can help you get
the perfect engine and drivetrain combination to meet your needs. You can purchase Diesel Exhaust Fluid for
your BlueTec emissions system at more than 2,500 locations throughout the country.
- Heavy Haul
- Long Haul
- Motor Home
- Oil & Gas
- Speciality Haul
Brochure & Spec Sheet
View Engine Videos